Abstract Content and Format
Information for Oral, Poster and Video Presentations
General Information Format and Content
- Abstracts should be submitted in English only
- The total number of words for Oral and Poster presentations cannot exceed 450 words and the abstract should use the following structure:
- Abbreviations can be used after defining them first.
- The use of graphs, tables and images is strongly discouraged.
- Abstract title: Do not use capital letters. The title should reflect the content.
- Abstract body: Do not use capital letters.
- Authors: list them with family name first, followed by first name (i.e. Jones, Brian; Smith, John; and Simpson, Ann).
- The name of the first author is also the presenting author. Do not include professional titles or degrees. A maximum of six names will be allowed - first/presenting author and five co-authors.
- Keywords: Authors are requested to mention a minimum of two and a maximum of three keywords.
upload: Authors of abstracts for videos should upload their video file at time of submission. Only videos uploaded to the online abstract submission
platform will be considered for Award judging and presentation.
- All video presentations must be edited. Narration must be in English.
- Productions must not be longer than 7 minutes including titles and a spoken narrative explaining the objectives of the procedure and the methods used during the procedure. Conclude with the results and purpose of the procedure.
- Describe the video presentation in brief. Refer to the major and important points that viewers should pay attention. Follow an abstract style, written in no more than 300 words.
Video Abstracts should be organized in the following way
- Title of the Video should be as accurate as possible in relation to the presented material
- Surgeon/s, OR team / Hospital
- Explain the importance of your presentation
- Learning objective/s
- Refer to most recent literature make a brief statement, e.g. frequency of the problem, ways of treatment, success rates, complications rate, etc.
- Report in brief on your setting, equipment and instruments used and trocar placements (anatomical positions)
- Give a conclusive remark, what is the take home message?
- Conclude with the results or purpose of the procedure
- The preferred format is MPEG4 such as .WMV and .MP4
- Avoid the following formats: .avi, .mov, .mpg, and .qt
To view and/or edit an abstract that has been saved, but not yet submitted, please click ‘Manage Abstract’ below.
This website works best with Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) or the latest version of Firefox, Chrome or Safari browsers on PC or Macintosh.
In case you have any questions do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Deadline: 30th May 2017 (23:59 CET)